Monday, March 5, 2012

You have to take the Good with the Bad

I used to think that some people are just luckier than others and good things just seem to always come their way and vice versa.

Everyone has their own problems.  Some more than others.  But it's how you choose to deal with your problems and your outlook on the situation that determines whether you come out on top or not.  This last month in Toronto, I have faced so many challenges and obstacles: selling my condo, my car, moving all my things, purging my clothes (big tear!), wrapping up things at work, sending in applications, going to yoga classes, meeting up with friends, the list goes on and on.  And most recently, waiting at the airport last night for 5 hours, only ending up with a cancelled flight.  With every situation, there were ups and downs, bumps and grinds, wins and losses.  But in the end, I always felt so lucky that everything worked out.  And I guess that's the point.  Nothing goes smoothly in life.  You have to take the good with the bad.  And if you continue to strive and have a positive outlook during the bad, you will always end up at the finish line:)

And so I think that good and bad things happen to people equally.  Those that we envy, the ones that have everything going their way, just has a better way of dealing with their problems.  It's a challenge.  Their positive outlook and continuous actions towards striving for their goal only embraces a winning outcome.

So, although my flight was re-scheduled to the next day (tonight- Yay!), I could now deal with some unfinished minor business now that it's a work day, Monday (ie.  my Bell phone line... haha).  Having the extra time with my friends and family is priceless<3  And of course, the advance seat selection and online check-in option means that I don't have to arrive at the airport so early:)

Nonetheless, it's always good to have a little luck on your side.




1 comment: