Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Mind is a Powerful Thing


Today I finished my 10th class at the Bikram Yoga Limerick studio.  In every class, I have thought to myself…. I am going to die!!!  And after every class, I come out with a big smile on my face.  What an amazing feeling it is to die and reborn again thru this yoga.

I have come to realize that everything in the class is Consistent!  The HEAT (40 degrees to the tee everytime.. hot hot hot just how we like it), the room, the walls, the mirrors, the mat, the towel, my water, the teacher.  The only thing that is different is Me.

The Consistency in the Hot Yoga Room forces me to completely focus and concentrate on my MIND.  Each class, I get to strengthen and challenge my mind.  I am a firm believer that if you put your mind to something, you can do it.  Within myself, I am pushed to find the motivation to thrive above and beyond my limits.  My self discipline and determination would not allow myself to do otherwise.

I am so thankful to have such an amazing Teacher and Mentor to help me find this new inner motivation and strength in my practice.  Cora, your consistent and accurate dialogue challenges my mind to listen and learn and re-learn the details, while your support, feedback, energy, motivation and genuine care inspires me to want to achieve more.

Everything I learn in my practice, I apply to my teaching.  There's so much more to learn and grow... the journey is never ending.  The New Year is coming up so perfect timing to make sure my head is straight and mind is strongJ  Excited for 2013!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment